Thursday, March 27, 2014

Interview: Sava Živković




Have you always wanted to become a designer? 
I actually wanted to be a tennis player, it’s so funny now come to think of it. 

Which project has given you the most satisfaction? 
By far the Case Study animated short I recently completed. It was one of those self-initiated personal projects that I was so passionate about and that I’ve planned for a long time. It got delayed a few times, and at some points I wasn’t sure if I could finish it, but it is so rewarding to see it done and what people have to say about it. I’ve also learned a ton of things while working on the short.
 

Case Study from we|me:do on Vimeo.

(for a full case study breakdown visit ronenbekerman.com)

What types of books are on your bedside table? 
I don’tread that much, but I’d say a good photography book to keep me inspired. 

What is the best moment of the day? 
Sleeping time! Just kidding, about noon, once I’ve finished my coffee and procrastination, and when I’m eager to do some work.





What would be your dream project? 
That’s a tough one, mainly because I’m interested in so many things now. I want to say a full feature animated film, but those projects can be very long and stressful. I guess it would be some sort of a title sequence or any similar shorter project but with all the creative and directorial reigns passed on to me.





What type of music do you play while creating? 
All kinds really, but I find that movie soundtracks inspire me the most. Sometimes I will create a playlist with various soundtracks that match the tone and feel of the project that I’m working on so I’ll be more invested in it. 





Who is your hero at the moment? 
Alex Roman. He’s the reason I got into 3d and animation. 

Cat or dog? 
Dog definitely! 

If you were a character from a star wars, which one would you be? :) 
BobaFett! Come on now…so awesome






If you could do any other job what would you choose and why? 
Freestyle skiing, not sure if it qualifies as a job though... 

Where could we find you on friday night? 
Either at home, hysterically hitting the render button, or at some bar with friends having a beer.





Pepsi or Coke? 
Yeah I’m a coke guy 

Favorite blogs/sites etc.? 
We’re venturing into a “too many creative fields” territory here, but I’d say Behance, Cg Architect, Evermotion, Dezeen, Ronen Bekerman, It’s Art, Cg Hub

How would you define your personal work-life balance in terms of ratio (50/50 70/30 etc)? 
I try to keep it at 50/50 but it can easily go up to 100/0 just due to the fact that I love doing any kind of creative work. Sometimes I forget about the time, seriously this stuff is contagious!





What brings you joy? 
Family, friends, skiing and seeing that glorious “your render has completed” screen. You know, the one with all the flashy letters and fireworks? I may be making this up, I don’t know… 


Thank you Sava! For more about Sava's work visit behance

No comments:

Post a Comment